Edible Diamonds - Pink, 5mm
FINALLY edible diamonds that do not mist over when exposed to humidity and are soft to eat! Safe to put on a little ones cakes and just super clear and sparkly. You wont have seen anything like this range of edible diamonds.
Pink diamonds 5mm
Ingredients: glycerine, sorbitol, citric acid, potassium sorbate, sucralose.
Instructions for use of edible diamonds
Do not use standard edible glue (any water based glue or watered down icing) to fix the diamonds to icing.
If using the diamonds on cakes the icing must have fully dried out. Once the icing is dry we recommend only using shellac (confectioners glaze) to glue the items to the cake.
If using shellac, once a hole has been made in the surface of the icing and the icing left to dry again, the hole should be lightly coated with shellac – not filled- and the diamond then placed in position. If there is any water left in the icing, water could form a puddle around the diamond.
In order to fully appreciate the facets in the diamond, mix the confectioners glaze with silver edible glitter/powder, (NOT NON-TOXIC GLITTER) put this into the hole first and then the diamond.
If you do not use silver or even gold, especially on white or ivory icing then the diamond will disappear into the icing and just look like a blob.
If the diamond appears to mist over – which only happens with excess handling, or gets covered in icing sugar then brush the surface with a damp brush until it shines again.
There are no special requirements for buttercream.
Use confectioners glaze sparingly. It is highly flammable.
Please either chill or freeze the gems for 30 minutes before removing from the packaging in warm climates.
Storage - edible diamonds are made using gelatine. It is best to keep the diamonds cool and treat them like chocolate, avoiding exposure to excessive heat wherever possible. The diamonds have a far higher melting point than chocolate but similar storage conditions are ideal.